- Windows 2000, XP or 2003 Server
- .NET Framework version 1.1 (Download from Microsoft or Windows Update)
- A user account that has full control permissions on the work areas, or has ownership of the folders.
This tool is used to fix the permissions on user work areas. Specify your custom permissions and select the root folder where your user work areas are stored. A user account with the same name as the folder is given full control permissions by default.
- Select Mode (Add or Replace)
- Add custom permissions to the work area (Default permissions shown below)
- Select the root folder. (UNC or local path supported) You can also exlude folders here.
- Confirm the selection & start the permissions change.
In the above screenprint two folders were not configured properly. This is because no users exist in the domain with the same name as the folder.